How do I request items be removed and sent to Surplus?

How do I request items be removed and sent to Surplus?

Surplus (Property Administration) can pick up most types of smaller technology-related equipment such as desktop computers, laptop computers, docking stations, monitors, desktop printers, desktop scanners, desktop copy/fax/print machines, keyboards, speakers, mice, cables and servers. However, Facilities Management will not move scientific equipment and/or personal possessions, and is not responsible for any lost or damaged electrical or mechanical equipment.

To request a pick-up from Surplus, please send an email message to and include a brief description and the asset tag number (if applicable) of each item that needs to be picked up. No forms are necessary.

The Move and Events team can pick up larger equipment such as furniture (desks, chairs, file cabinets, bookcases), books, server racks, large copy/fax/print machines, large televisions and pallets of mixed items (e.g.: computers mixed with furniture). Before placing a request, please be sure to review the move support checklist here:

To request a pick-up from Move and Events, please fill out the online Facilities Management Work Request form or use the paper version and send it to  Transfers of furniture or equipment to Surplus are not scheduled for a specific date or time and are handled between other scheduled move and events. 

Urgent requests or those requesting a specific move date will incur charges, as well as requests from auxiliary (Non-E&G) departments.

Rating:Rating of 5 Stars1 Votes
Was this answer helpful?YesNo

Functional Areas

Topic Information
  • Topic #: 30075-1132
  • Date Created: 02/20/2015
  • Last Modified Since: 09/15/2017
  • Viewed: 56